Official Rules for the Belvedere Janelle Monae Sweeps
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALCOHOL IS NOT A PART OF THE PRIZE. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
THE “Belvedere Janelle Monae Sweeps” (THE “SWEEPSTAKES”) BEGINS AT 12:01 A.M. ET ON Monday, July 1, 2019 AND ENDS AT 11:59 P.M. ET ON Thursday, October 31, 2019 ("ENTRY PERIOD")
1. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents who are physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (NOT including residents of Utah, Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and overseas Military Installations), age twenty-one (21) or older at time of entry. Employees and their immediate family members (defined as spouses, parents, siblings or children) of Moet Hennessy USA, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Wyng, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, wholesalers, and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law. All Entrants (as defined below) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding. All Entrants must release Sponsor and each of their respective parent and affiliated companies and all other businesses involved in this Sweepstakes (“Released Parties”), as well as the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, agents, successors and assigns of each, from all claims, liability, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages relating to their participation, acceptance and use of any Prize (as defined below). Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage, including death caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of Prize. Winning a Prize is contingent on fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules.
2. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: INTERNET ACCESS NECESSARY TO ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN. The Sweepstakes can only be entered online. To enter the Sweepstakes, each Sweepstakes entrant (“Entrant”) must provide all required information including a valid email address on the Sweepstakes registration page located at https://www.belvederevodka.com/en-int/abeautifulfuture-bottle) (the “Entry Site”).
Email addresses must be provided during the Entry Period and Entrant must follow the entry instructions which include verification that Entrant is 21+ years of age. All entries submitted through the Entry Site will not be returned or acknowledged. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of any Prize. Limit one entry per person. Should a dispute arise regarding the identity of the Entrant, the authorized account subscriber of said email account at the time of entry will be considered the Entrant. “Authorized account subscriber” as it relates to email is defined as the natural person who is assigned the account by the email provider. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized email account holder. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged or misdirected entries.
3. WINNER SELECTION: One (1) potential Winner will be randomly selected on or about Monday, November 4, 2019, from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The Grand Prize Winner will be awarded, one (1) trip for two (2) to a Janelle Monae Brunch event (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) including brunch, airfare, three (3) nights’ accommodation, and $2,000 spending money (the “Grand Prize”). Total approximate retail value of this prize package $4,950
Winner will be randomly selected under the discretion of an independent third-party company. Winner will be contacted via email.
A random drawing will be conducted by an independent third-party company, whose decisions are final and legally binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state, local sales and income taxes and any costs, expense(s) or fees whatsoever in connection with the Grand Prize and Prize(s) not specifically provided herein. If the actual value of a Prize(s) is lower than ARV stated in these Official Rules, the difference will not be awarded in cash. In the event that, for reasons beyond their control and not related to the Winner, the Sponsor or independent third-party company is unable to award any Prize as described in these Official Rules, they will substitute the Prize with another prize of similar nature and equal or greater value at their sole discretion. The Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash. If the selected Winner(s) is/are unable to accept a prize in its entirety for any reason, the selected Winner(s) will forfeit the Prize and the Prize will be awarded to an alternate Winner. All Prizes are guaranteed to be awarded, assuming a sufficient number of entries are received. All entries and potential Winners are subject to verification by Sponsor and administrator, whose decisions are final and binding. No compensation will be paid in lieu of prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize is unavailable.
By accepting a Prize, the Winner irrevocably grants Sponsor the right and permission (except where prohibited by law) to use Winner’s name, Prize won, likeness, photograph, voice, address (state) and biographical information in any media throughout the world in perpetuity for purposes of advertising, online posting, promotion and publicity in connection with the Sweepstakes without additional compensation.
4. PRIZE & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES ("ARV"):
The verified Grand Prize Winner will be awarded, one (1) trip for two (2) to a Janelle Monae Brunch event (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) including brunch, airfare, three (3) nights’ accommodation, and $2,000 spending money (the “Grand Prize”). Total approximate retail value of this prize package $4,950. If the Grand Prize winner home address is within 200 miles of the designated event, ground transportation will replace air transportation.
Alcohol is not a part of any Prize. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included as part of any Prize and are solely the Winner’s responsibility.
Travel must be round trip. If flights are required, Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, beverages, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of the winner and his/her guest. Travel companion must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Travel restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination.
Trip winner and travel companion must have valid travel documents (e.g., government issued I.D., passport, etc.) along with any other travel requirements in order to travel by plane prior to departure, and failure to do so may result in forfeiture of Prize. Winner and his/her travel companion are solely responsible for satisfying all legally required conditions of travel. Winner must have a valid major credit card to check-in to a hotel.
ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
5. WINNERS NOTIFICATION: Potential Winners will be notified via email. If the potential Winner does not respond to the email within five (5) days of sent date, it will result in disqualification, and the Prize will be awarded to an alternate potential Winner in a separate random drawing. In the event of any disqualification an alternate potential Winner will be selected. Potential Winner will be required to complete and return an electronic Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and a Publicity Release and W-9 taxpayer request for identification, with digital signature, which must be emailed back within forty-eight (48) hours of receipt or potential Winner will be disqualified. Entrants are responsible for notifying Sponsor of changes in email and/or home addresses. If an Affidavit and/or Release are returned as undeliverable, it will result in disqualification and the Prize will be awarded to an alternate Winner in a separate random drawing. Failure to fully complete, execute and return all required forms specified within this time period may result in the Winner being disqualified. In the event of any such disqualification, an alternate Winner will be selected.
Upon timely receipt of the completed Affidavit and Publicity Release Sponsor will confirm the selection of the Winner by email.
7. GENERAL: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify (or terminate the Prize of) any individual who is found to be, or suspected of, acting in violation of these Official Rules. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes, the Entry Site, WYNG, or any Website associated herewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Entrants, fraud, technical failure, or any other causes, in the Sponsors’ sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, or order of any court or other cause not within Sponsor’s control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Sweepstakes. If a cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Entry Site and on the @HennessyUS Twitter page at Twitter.com/HennessyUS. If cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such cancellation. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner and terminate such Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage the Entry Site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering, Entrants agree to (i) comply with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements; and (ii) release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Released Parties from any and all liability, claims, actions, injury, death, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes, from participating in any Sweepstakes-related activity or from the acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize awarded. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, misdirected or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes.
9. SUSPENSION / MODIFICATION / TERMINATION: In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to: fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. Sponsor additionally reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion: to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes should causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (4) Entrant waives all right to trial by jury. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
11. SPONSOR: Moet Hennessy USA, Inc., 85 10th Avenue, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10011.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored or endorsed by Wyng. Entrants are providing information to Sponsor and Sponsor’s affiliates and not to any other party.
Moet Hennessy USA, Inc. and its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Sweepstakes.
// End of Official Rules //